My current keychain is getting old so I decided I wanted one with an RPG dice on it.? After looking around the web I found a site that had some details on making your own.? The site is in a blog by Cory.? I used his guidance to come up with three keychains of my own.? Here is what I learned.
- Variable Speed Drill
- Drill Bit – 5/64″
- Eye Hooks – I went to Orchard Supply Hardware and bought Screw Eyes (Small) 11/16″ (part number 9040106) for $0.59.
- Measure the depth of the hole you will need.? Make sure the hole covers all of the thread exposing only very little of the bar.
- Mark the drill bit with tape so you drill to the correct depth.
- Set the drill to a low speed.? I used setting 2 on my drill which has 24 speed settings.? Go carefully as the dice may try to spin out of your hands.? Also dice are very brittle and will crack easily.
- Drill the hole in any number.? I found that 8 is a good number to drill as the center of the 8 acts as a guide for the bit.
- Put a dab of epoxy on the threads of the eye hook and place them into the hole.? With these settings the eye hook should actually slide in without binding.? I found that this works better after breaking a few dice trying to thread them.? 😉
- Let dry.
- That’s it!? 😀