Date At Start Of Game: 07/28/206
[Author's Note: This is the log for the 10th session. Note that the order of the events in this record may not be in the exact order that they occurred during play.]
Resting In Ambrosia Trades
After resolving the situation between the warring tribes the PC decide to rest a while in Ambrosia Trades. Oren works on his breastplate with a local blacksmith named Blyre. Po starts researching a new spirit refreshing spell. The others go about other miscellaneous tasks. After about two weeks the PC decide to leave. They follow the stick to the south then east across the Fayland Crossing.
The Wickshine Inn
As they are coming down the mountains on the west side of the crossing the summer rains start to pick up to near torrential levels. Night falls and the PC start to worry about shelter. As they round a bend in the road they see a small inn nestled between the hills. It sits on the edge of what appears to be an old apple orchard. Outside a large Ape Man is securing shutters on the windows. When they get closer Po notes that the apple trees are bare and do not look too healthy. The man greets the PC and welcomes them to the Wickshine Inn. A stable boy, a young Bear Kin, comes over and joins the party as they enter the building. Inside the PC remove their outer clothing for drying by the fire while they meet the staff and guests
The staff includes the following:
- Abel and Dorthea Still – Ape Kin – The proprietor and his wife.
- Usta and Jinny – Cougar Kin – Young teenage girls who appear to sisters. Usta has a mark on her shoulder that one of the PC has seen on slaves.
- Aved – Bear Kin – A youthful helper that seems to have Usta and Jinny’s attention.
The guests include the following:
- Kurdy Deel – Badger Kin – An old tinker with a thick wool hat. He claims to be at the inn to help the Stills mend some old pots.
- Marten L’Gentsia – Dolphin Kin – Dandy bird scholar who like to bore people with his most recent discovery. Po sees that his broach is magical.
- Ille Sorden – Ape Kin – Thin man with graying hair who claims to be travelling east looking for his son that died in a battle near Oakhurst. He speaks with Oren who was in the opposing army during that battle. It did not go well for the defenders so Oren does not have much hope for Ille. Po detects that Ille has some type of healing spell active on his person.
- Eadon Marsh – Boa Kin – Loud warrior who Ille has hired as a bodyguard during his trek east.
- Ditmore and Exter Shurry – Racoon Kin – Traders who specialize in “hard to find good”. They buy some of the trinkets from Po and later show off their glasswares. Ditmore has a cold so the pair has been in the Wickshine Inn for a night.
- Josia Two-Coins – Rat Gog – Travelling priest who carries a crudely carved wooden walking stick. Po thinks that the Joshia is either a bush league shaman or someone posing as one.
After carousing for a while Oren strikes up a conversation with Abel and Dorthea in the kitchen. Abel tells Oren that the Wickshine Inn has been in his family for four generations. Long ago the inn was part of a village called Wickshine. It was called Wickshine because of the fine apple brandy that was brewed by the locals. About 20 years ago the apple production dropped dramatically. This sent the village into a tailspin. Now all that remains is the inn.
The PC are awoken early in the morning when they hear a scream from Dorthea. The PC react quickly. Oren and the rest of the PC head down the stairs while Bilby jumps out a nearby window. When Oren comes down the stairs he spies two spiny black creatures approaching Dorthea. They are about the same size as the twin Cougar Kins so Oren’s first guess is that something happened to Usta and Jinny. While flying around the back of the inn Bilby sees a large group of figures approaching through the morning fog. He flies in a downstairs window to alert the PC that there are incoming foes. Abel axes one of the spiny creatures while Po casts spells. Oren attacks a third creature that he thinks is Aved. After downing his foe Oren smells a strong incense smell on the body. Cillian and Oren race upstairs to investigate. Cillian finds a thick incense smoke in the upstairs rafters that is coming from a loose board over Ille’s room. With that Cillian follows Oren as they bash into Ille’s room. Ille attacks Oren with a spell that causes his old scars to rupture in pain! The attack is so devastating that it actually stuns the tough Armadillo Kin. After the attack Ille casts a spell that makes him turn into a shadow and flies downstairs. Cillian quickly knocks over Ille’s censor which has the immediate effect of causing the spiny creatures to turn back into the young staff members. The PC downstairs see Ille appear near the hearth as hoards of skeletons start to break in through the shuttered windows. Ille laughs in a maniacal fashion as he reaches into the hearth and pulls out what appears to be a black tile. Bilby being the closest PC slices out at the hand holding the tile. In a deft strike the tile goes flying! As the tile hits the ground Po swoops down and picks it up. To Po’s surprise the tile attacks his brain and clenches his hand around it so that he cannot release it! In desperation Po flies up the stairs thinking that the stone might somehow control the skeletons. All the while the tile is gnawing away at Po! Bilby narrowly escapes the skeleton hoard using deft acrobatics. Ille again turns into a shadow and appears in the room. This time Oren lays him out cold with a well placed shot to the stomach. Po flies out of an upstairs window then it knocked out by the tile and falls. The tile slips from his grasp as Po hits the ground. Cillian looks out the window and grabs the tile using his wind spirits. He then carefully places the tile into a pouch without touching it. Luckily Po awakes and take flight just as the skeletons close on his position. In not much more time the PC take out the remaining skeletons who appear confused now that Ille is unconcious.
The other guests are frightened but not harmed. The young staff are several injured but Po prevents them from dying by using his healing abilities. Now the PC are left to question Ille and examine the tile…
Date At End Of Game: 09/02/206